About Heart Rate Monitors
Concept2 Performance Monitors are designed to receive and display heart rate data. It is not necessary to purchase a separate heart rate watch monitor if you simply want to view your heart rate on the PM. The PM will display your heart rate as long as you are wearing a compatible chest belt, and, if using a Polar H7 chest belt with a PM4, PM3, PM2 or PM2+, you install Concept2’s heart rate receiver and cable.
If you would like to track your heart rate during other activities, then you will need to purchase a watch monitor to receive and display your heart rate.
Concept2 sells Polar and Garmin heart rate equipment. Refer to the chart below for compatibility information.
|HR system||Works with…||Additional equipment needed||Optional equipment|
|Garmin||PM5 and PM4||
||Garmin Heart Rate Monitor (watch):
|Polar H7 Bluetooth Smart||PM5, PM4, PM3 or PM2/PM2+||
Concept2 Heart Rate Receiver and Cable
For use with the Polar heart rate system, the Concept2 heart rate receiver and cable plugs into your PM and transmits your heart rate to it. This is a Concept2 product and is sold only by Concept2.
Best option if:
- You have a PM2, PM2+ or PM3 or want to use Polar equipment with a PM4
- You already own a Polar (non-W.I.N.D.) chest belt
- You do not plan to monitor your heart rate during other activities
- 1862 for use with Model A, B, C, D or E Indoor Rowers—$32.00
Polar H7 Bluetooth Smart Chest Belt
Best option if:
- You have a PM5
- You plan to monitor your heart rate using a compatible smart phone app